Remote Wilderness Paddling Adventure on Vancouver Island
This past summer a friend of mine, Neil Callaghan, reached out about an incredible new lodge he had started working at as the activity co-ordinator. Neil and I go back a long way in the sup world as he sold me my first paddleboard from his Second Wave shop in North Vancouver over ten years ago. He has been on various instructor courses with me and is a well trained guide. Neil sent me the link to the lodge and I was blown away by the pictures. I was wondering where this magical looking place was on Vancouver Island as the white sand surf beaches, clear emerald waters and stunning temperate coastal shoreline had my attention. It was quintessential west coast B.C. Neil expressed interest in setting up a retreat and I was really excited to have a visit. I took Jen and Kiel to the lodge for their birthdays this past September and the place was better than advertised. We spent two amazing days at the lodge with Neil, manager Andy MacInnis and his incredible staff. We paddle surfed the gentle beach break, explored Kapoose Creek, hiked the shoulder of Remarkable Cone and enjoyed a special sunset birthday beach bonfire, by far the biggest one I have ever seen. (thanks Captain Jeff)
I had been looking for a spot on Vancouver Island for the past few years where I could provide an inspiring and rejuvenating coastal experience where clients could paddle surf and tour and then come back to a comfortable lodge with delicious, healthy food. The lodge sits on the doorstep of Rugged Point Provincial Park and close to Kyuquot Sound, a well know paddling destination. The staff make you feel like your family and they provide first class genuine service. I am excited to partner with Kapoose Creek to offer our first paddle surf and touring retreat to this Vancouver Island paradise, May 22-26th.
Your Kapoose Creek Retreat with me Includes:
- 4 Night/5 day accommodation at the Lofthouse
- World Class paddling in Rugged Point Provincial Park and Kyuquot Sound
- Beginner friendly paddle surf break a short walk from the lodge.
- Chef prepared meals and all house beer and wine included
- Transportation from Tahsis Via Boat (26 foot Kingfisher)
- Optional Daily yoga overlooking the beaches and oceans
- All touring boards and paddle surf boards and equipment.
- Full use of 26′ Kingfisher Boat for sup shuttles, pick ups and drop offs.
- Nightly beach fires
- Professional trip photographer and videographer.
I am looking forward to sharing this coastal experience with you.