Dates: July 26-28th, 2019
Price: $475 + gst
Location: Howe Sound, Squamish, B.C.
- One evening and two full days of guided instruction with industry certified guides.
- All Shuttles
What Not Included
- Standup Paddleboard Gear (Rental Package available)
- Travel to and from Squamish
Inflatable Touring Board, Paddle, Leash, Drybag, PFD. -$100 for the weekend.
Payment in full for the course can be made through the website here or via email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
One month prior to weekend start date full refund less 20%. Within one month of weekend start date, no refund. If we can find another person for your spot we will be happy to offer a credit towards another course or expedition.
A Fun and Adventurous Group Paddling Weekend on Howe Sound.
Welcome to our Ultimate Stoke Weekend. We are excited to offer you an incredible weekend of guided standup paddle boarding here on the Howe Sound Fjord in Squamish, the adventure capital of Canada. Our goal for this weekend tour will be to provide you an opportunity to explore the majestic landscape and marine environment that make up this special section of the Salish Sea on some of our favourite local paddles.
The weekend will start with our Harbour Tour and an introduction to ocean safety, efficient skills and the cultural history of the area as we search for the local marine wildlife. Over the next two days we progress with various paddles throughout Howe Sound based on what’s happening with the wind and weather. We explore local sweet spots such as the Squamish Estuary and River, the mining town of Brittania Beach, the pictographs of Furry Creek and the unique ocean bathymetry of Porteau Cove. Our group will also to look to make a crossing of the sound to explore the stunning western shoreline with potential visits of K’wem K’wem (Defense Islands), and the newly formed Sea to Sky Marine Trail.
It will be an experience filled with adventure, exploration and the opportunity to build your sup skills and ocean comfort under the guidance and coaching of our qualified guides. It will also provide a chance to connect socially with other paddlers and to share the ocean magic together on Howe Sound. We look forward to seeing you on the water for our Ultimate Stoke Weekend!
What to Bring
- Touring Paddleboard
- Jacket PFD (no waist belts)
- 10-15L drybag
- Paddling Clothing: board shorts, synthetic t shirt, long sleeve shirt, hat, sunglasses, booties or water shoes, waterproof shell jacket, mid layer. Prepare for all weather and have an extra set of clothes for immersion.
- Snacks or bars
- Water bottle
Friday July 26th
- 4:30pm – Meet at the Squamish Paddling Club located on Loggers Lane
- 5:00 -7:00pm – Harbour Tour
- 7:30 – 9:30 pm – Backcountry Brewing Meet & Greet
Saturday July 27th
- 7:30 – 11:30am – Squamish River & Estuary Paddle
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 1:30 – 4:30pm – Furry Creek Pictographs
- 5:00 pm Apres @ A Frame Brewing
- 6:00 – 8:00pm Coastal Dinner – The Joinery
Sunday July 28th
- 7:00 – 10:30am – Coffee Run
- 11:30am Lunch
- 1:00 – 4:00pm – Kwem Kwem Paddle
- 5:00pm – Wrap Dinner – Norman Rudy’s