Dates: October 22-24th, 2021
Price: $749 + gst
Group Size: 6 ppl
Day 1: AM
- 9:oopm: Meet at Tofino Paddle Surf located on the beach at Mackenzie Beach
- Meet and Greet
- Dryland: Ocean Safety, Swell Forecast/Decision Making
- On Water: Free Surf & Assessment
Day 1: PM
- Surf Check
- Dryland: Etiquette
- On Water: Positioning & Bottom Turns
- 5:00 Wrap Up
Day 2: AM
- Surf Check
- Dryland: Effective use of paddle
- On Water: Video Coaching
Day 2: PM
- Surf Check
- Video Coaching and Feedback.
Day 3: AM
- Dryland: Surf Forecasting
- On Water: Progression and application of video coaching.
Day 3: PM
- 1:00 – 2:00: Course wrap up and feedback.
- Radical Free Surf and Aerial Show.
- Paddle Canada Coastal Surf 2 Skills Certification
- 1:3 Instructor to client ratio.
What’s Not Included:
- Paddle Surf Boards
- Rentals Available
Wetsuit/Paddleboard Rental packages available for the weekend. $150 at Tofino Paddle Surf. Please call or email. 250 244 6399 | email@example.com
Paddle Canada Surf Instructors
Catherine Bruhwiler: Catherine is a life long Tofino local and one of Canada’s top surfers. As a Paddle Canada SUP Instructor she teaches paddleboarding and surfing full time through her business Tofino Paddle Surf. With her vast experience growing up on the ocean and surfing, Catherine brings a wealth of local knowledge, technical surf expertise and a warm Tofino ambassadorship to the course. Catherine is sponsored by Arc’teryx, Live to Surf and Aftanas Surfboards.
Jacob Collard: Jake hails from Victoria, BC by way of Mexico and is the full time manager, SUP Surf, Touring Guide and Surf Instructor at Tofino Paddle Surf.
Jake is an accredited ISA Surf instructor and Paddle Canada instructor. Jake is a passionate coach and has a friendly, calm, patient approach to instruction that endears him to his students. After summers in Tofino, Jake takes his coaching skills to the warm waters of Costa Rica where he works for Nosara Paddle Surf.
Norm Hann: Norm loves to teach and is a Paddle Canada Surf, Touring and River Instructor Trainer and has over twenty years as wilderness guide and expedition leader. Based on the east coast of Vancouver Island in Royston, Norm also runs unique multi-day sup experiences to the Great Bear Rainforest, Belize and the remote corners of Vancouver Island. Norm’s goal has always been to connect people to our incredible coastline and and is always excited about sharing the water with passionate people.
Booking and Cancellation Full payment is due at time of booking to secure your place in the course. No refunds are issued 14 days from course start day.
Take your Paddle Surfing to the Next Level.
Our Tofino Surf Weekend has been one of our longest running courses and we are excited to add our new Step up Surf Camp as your next step in progression. If you have taken our Tofino Surf Weekend or are a paddle surfer who already knows how to catch waves then this would be a great course for you. We have three full days of surf instruction and Norm and the team at Tofino Paddle Surf have combined expertise to create a 3 day camp to bring your surf skills to the next level that will. The low instructor to SUP surfer ratio will give you more one on one time with the coaches and will include daily video coaching sessions with detailed feedback and technical instruction. We guarantee that you will have fun and progress you’re surfing to the next level. This course is a Paddle Canada Sup Surf Skills Level 2 Course.
- Tofino Surf Weekend Course or equivalent experience. Equivalent experience means that you already know how to catch waves consistently and you know how to keep yourself and others around you safe on the water.
- If you are not sure if this course is for you please contact us at Norm Hann Expeditions
- Paddle surf board
- Surf Leash
- Adjustable Paddle
- Wetsuit (4mm or 5mm hooded suit is recommended)
- Neoprene Surf Booties (3-5mm )
- Neoprene Gloves (optional but strongly recommended on colder days)
- Rashguard (optional)
- Pen and Notebook
Wetsuit/Paddleboard Rental packages available for the weekend. $150