Dates & Times: 3:00pm May 20th – 11:00am May 24th, 2020
Location: Discovery Island Lodge
Pre Requisites if you are looking to receive your Touring 2 Instructor Certification.
- At least 18 years of age
- Current Paddle Canada Membership
- Paddle Canada Touring 2 skills certification, or equivalent skills and knowledge
- Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP Instructor certification
- Paddle Canada Touring 1 SUP Instructor certification
- Current certification in standard first aid and CPR (14-16hrs)
- Experience beyond that of the Touring 2 SUP Skills Course
- Class Ratio: 1 instructor trainer: 6 candidates (minimum of three registered candidates)
- 4 nights and 5 days of SUP Guide Training & Paddle Canada Touring 2 Instructor Training.
- 4 night accommodation at Discovery Island Lodge.
- All food for the course.
- Paddle Canada Touring 2 Instructor Manual.
- Transportation to and from course location.
- Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer membership or upgrade fee.
- SUP Equipment and Safety Gear.
Send an e transfer to email@example.com or you can book through the website.
5 Days of Paddle Canada Touring Instructor and Guide Training.
I have designed this course as a more immersive five days of guide training and is built around the framework of the Paddle Canada Touring 2 Instructor certification. It includes an afternoon of dryland and on water training on Day 1, three full days of instructor trainer, instructor candidate and rescue specialist led dry land and on water instruction with a final morning on day 5 of course work and feedback. This course is for flatwater instructors who have a goal of leading others on day and multi day trips in more dynamic coastal paddling environment. This course focuses on group management, coastal navigation, technical skills, weather forecasting, loading your board for overnight trips, safety and rescue and building a strong guiding and instructional skill set while building confidence and competency on Class 2-3 waters.
We are excited to be hosting this course at Discovery Island Lodge on Quadra Island and on the doorstep of the spectacular Surge Narrows Marine Park. The lodge is comfortable and provides a large common for group work and dry land instruction. Food will be included allowing you to focus on learning and instruction. Surge Narrows with it’s strong tidal currents is a great location for technical skills training, group management and rescue training with the opportunity to push your comfort and confidence level well above those you are leading. I am excited to build in components of swift water training and self & group rescue.
So this training will be ideal for
1. Those looking to teach Paddle Canada Touring 1 & 2 Skills courses
2. Leading yourself and others in dynamic coastal and big lake conditions.
3. For those paddleboard companies wanting solid touring & rescue training for their staff.
We will not be focusing any of our training on over night camping or campcraft, that will be left to another course and to your ongoing experience. Our training at Discovery Island Lodge will go by quickly but it will be a fun, challenging and important week of guide training and our team will look forward to working with you to accomplish your instructional and leadership goals.
- Inflatable or Hard Touring Board appropriate for touring instruction
- PFD with rescue belt
- Throw Bag
- Tow Line
- Guide drybag for day trips.
- First Aid Kit
- Immersion Gear (Drysuit or wetsuit)
Instructor Touring Package Rental – $150 includes touring board, paddle, leash.
Touring 2 Instructor Course Number: 72054
How to Register
- Find your course ID above.
- Sign up for the course. This needs to be done before the course start date. You can go to www.paddlecanada.com and click on ‘Join Today’ at the bottom and follow prompts OR
- If you are an existing Paddle Canada member then use your existing Paddle Canada account. Under ‘My Memberships’ go to Instructor Candidate and follow prompts. If you have already paid your instructor fees for the year then it should be a $10 upgrade fee.
If you have any questions feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org