Date: June 3-6th, 2021
Price: $999+ gst
BC Ferries Information:TBA You can reserve online here.
Meeting Location: 11:30am at Pedals and Paddles, 7425 Sechelt Inlet Road, Sechelt, BC
- Paddle Canada Basic or Advanced skills certification, Intro to Stoke OR equivalent experience.
- Capable of paddling a loaded touring board over four full days
- You will need a touring board for this trip.
- Paddle Canada Touring 1 Skills Certification
- 3 nights and 4 days of multi-day touring certification
- 2 Paddle Canada certified coastal guides.
What’s Not Included
- Equipment as per “What to Bring” list.
- Touring Board, paddles and safety equipment rentals available – $150 for the course.
- Transportation to Sechelt and Pedals and Paddles.
Experience the magic of the Sunshine Coast on our multi day SUP Adventure.
If you have ever wanted to pack up your touring board and head out on an overnight adventure but you were not sure where to start or wanted to gain more experience, then our four day three night introduction to multi-day sup touring in Sechelt Inlet is for you. Maybe you have the experience but just want to join us for this fun, guided paddling experience. Our trip will deliver the knowledge, safety, and technical skills for overnight touring on your standup paddleboard in the companionship of other paddlers. Our guides will focus on topics that will include decision making, navigation, packing your touring board, weather and efficient travel. This course also includes three nights of camping where you will be responsible for your tent and sleeping gear. You will also be responsible for packing and cooking your own food. All of this will be under the guidance, support, and coaching of the trip leaders.
This adventure takes place on beautiful Sechelt Inlet, a stunning environment where you will have the chance to disconnect and reconnect on the ancient lands of the Sechlet First Nations and in the presence of a healthy marine environment. We look forward to leading you on this fun, overnight sup camping trip.
- Inflatable or Hard Touring Board appropriate for ocean touring.
- PFD (jacket style, no waist belts)
- Coil Leash
- 2 20-30L drybags for tent and sleeping kit, clothing, kitchen gear
- 10 L dry bag for day gear and extra’s
- 10-15 Litre dry bag or cooler bag for food.
Clothing & Extras
- booties/ sandals/water shoes
- Upper and lower body clothing system. I personally wear Vaikobi V Cold Storm Pant and V Cold L/S Base. in the winter and shoulder seasons on the coast and Vaikobi Performance line in the summer.
- Board shorts
- immersion gear depending on experience
- extra clothing in case of swim
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Mid Layer fleece or Puffy Jacket
- water bottle
- thermos (for tea, coffee or hot water)
- headlamp with extra batteries
- 1-2 person tent
- Compressible sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad or Thermarest
- Small packable pillow
- Small camping stove/Jetboil/MSR Whisper Lite.
- Cooking pot
- knife, fork, spoon
- small thermos for tea if you need