Dates: June 30 – July 2nd, August 17-19th, 2018
Price: $875 + gst
What’s Included in our 2 night 3 day package
- Guided standup paddleboard instruction and interpretation
- All standup paddleboard equipment
- Boat shuttle to and from the lodge
- 2 Nights Wilderness Tents Accommodation
- Chef Alex Barton meals from Lunch on Day 1 to Brunch on day 3
- Access to lodge facilities including wood burning hot tub.
What’s not included:
- Travel from your home to Sechelt, British Columbia return
A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your place on the trip with the balance to be paid 45 days prior to trip departure. Full payments can be made via email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or by credit card.
Cancellation 45 days prior to trip start date will result in a refund of deposit less 15%. Cancellation within 45-30 days prior to trip start date will result in a refund of 50% of the total cost of the trip. There is no refund for trips cancelled within 30 days of trip departure.
Getting to Sechelt
Unless you live on the Sunshine Coast, you will need to take a ferry from Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver to Langdale. Ferries are very busy in the summer and we highly recommend making a ferry reservation. You can view the schedule here. The 9:50 ferry is recommended. From Lansdale you will travel to Sechelt and to the the Lighthouse Pub, view here for directions and time, which is located on the water at Porpoise Bay. From there our water shuttle will take you to on a 45 minute scenic boat ride to the Wilderness Resort.
A Paddle Retreat that Connects you to the magic of the Sunshine Coast.
Norm Hann Expeditions is excited to partner with Wilderness Resort and Retreat at Cawley point for our 2 night 3 day Sunshine Coast Get Away. The Wilderness Resort offers clients a unique adventure and destination in the heart of the Sunshine Coast with Norm Hann Expeditions providing the paddleboarding and coastal ecology interpretive experience. The lodges serene location allows guests to naturally recharge themselves, breathe deeply, and rediscover their connection to wild places. Located in Sechelt Inlet, with it’s warmer waters, calm conditions and abundant marine life, the area provides a beautiful location for our stand up paddleboarding program, accommodating all levels of paddlers while providing the opportunity to connect with nature.
Accommodations for the Sunshine Get Away are in the lodge’s Wilderness Tents. These platform tents are at the water’s edge of the rain forest, surrounded by a cathedral-like canopy of trees. All tents are dotted along the shoreline surrounded by rain forest with ocean views.
- Each tent comfortably sleep 2 guests in your choice of one King bed or Two Twin Single beds
- Cedar Floors and ‘feature walls’
- Cozy duvets
- Waterfront decks with two chairs
- 2 doors – front to the ocean deck and back to the forest
- Screened windows for fresh air
- Accessible by beautiful old-growth forest trails and by paddle-board
- local cedar platform construction pad
- Access to flush toilets, warm showers, Wood Burning Hot Tubs, Outdoor shower are a 2 – 5 minute walk
Chef Alex Barton’s ‘Best of the West’ meal plan includes the finest ingredients sourced sustainably here on the Sunshine Coast. We believe quality meals start with quality Ingredients, which is why we grow most of our produce right here in our own market garden.
We will be going on a paddling day trip and the lodge will have us covered with lunch packs to enjoy on our sup tour into the marine wilderness.
Home to some of the best fishing in west-coast, the menu features a catch of the day. All of our seafood are Ocean Wise certified, and have included everything from fresh Prawns to Wild Salmon.
So join us for our Sunshine Coast Get Away at the Wilderness Resort and Retreat, for an opportunity to paddle in beautiful, warm conditions in a wilderness setting that will leave all stresses behind allow that deeper connection to our coast.
What to Bring
** We will be staying at the Wilderness Resort & Retreat with all the amenities and this gear list is for paddling. Bring what you want to hang out around the lodge or for after paddling.
Provided by Norm Hann Expeditions
- Inflatable Touring Board
- 15-20 L dry bag for day trips
What you Need to Bring
Clothing & Extras
- booties/sandals or water shoes (hopefully barefeet)
- board shorts
- short sleeve poly pro paddling shirt
- long sleeve poly pro shirt
- tights/paddling pants
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Mid Layer fleece or Puffy Jacket
- water bottle
- thermos (for tea, coffee or hot water)
- notebook/journal/reading material
- camera, batteries
- headlamp with extra batteries
Contact Us if you have any other questions about gear and equipment.