Dates: June 29-July 1st, 2018
Price: $599 + gst
Location: Mahone Bay, South Shore, N.S.
Paddle Canada Basic or Advanced Flatwater SUP skills, or equivalent skills or knowledge
Costs Include the Following:
- 3 days of dryland and on water ocean instruction and safety training including overnighter
- Instructor Ratio: 1:6
- Paddle Canada Certification: If successful, participants can achieve their Paddle Canada Touring 1 & 2 skills.
Price Does Not Include the Following
- Ocean Specific SUP and Safety Equipment.
- Travel to Mahone Bay
- Any costs for accommodations
Training courses are non refundable within two weeks of the course start date. 100% refundable prior to two weeks of the course start date.
Full payment can be made via etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ocean Touring Skills Training on the South Shore of Nova Scotia
Our SOAR Ocean Camp is headed to the east coast of Canada for an immersive three day sup touring training program. This camp is for those paddlers who want to become competent in an ocean environment with the goal of gaining the skills and experience necessary to tour and explore the coastline safely on your own or to help you build experience with the goal of leading others. Our SOAR Ocean camp provides immersive SUP training that will introduce participants to ocean safety, self rescue and awareness, decision making, technical skills building, pre trip preparation, how to pack for an overnighter, route planning and group management.
Our SOAR Ocean camp will be based out of Mahone Bay and we will be working in partnership with Cape LaHave Adventures. Mahone Bay is located on the South Shore of Nova Scotia in Lunenburg County. This is a paddling paradise with stunning beaches, numerous islands and many bays and inlets to explore.
The dynamic and varied conditions of the Atlantic Ocean will provide an opportunity for participants to observe and understand the complexities of ocean travel. There will be an overnight component as well which will give us the opportunity to learn how to overnight tour with our paddleboards and to get out and experience the magic of the ocean and remote corners of the south shore.
This will be a really fun long weekend adventure and NHEX is excited about this new sup ocean experience and we look forward to sharing our expertise and the incredible destination of the Nova Scotia South Shore.
- Touring paddleboard
- PFD with whistle
- Throw bag
- 1 small and 1 large dry bag for carrying gear.
- neoprene booties or water shoes for paddling and walking the rocky shore (5mm recommended)
- Camp/Hiking shoes
- 2 pair of socks
- Long Sleeve synthetic top
- Synthetic T Shirt
- Fleece top
- Synthetic or down jacket
- Waterproof/Goretex Shell
- Long Underwear/synthetic tights or neoprene leggings (for paddling)
- Long pants
Head & Hands
- Sun Hat/Ball Cap
- paddling gloves (if your hands are sensitive to cold)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Small Pillow
- Lightweight stove
- bowl, mug, fork, coffee cup
- Food (freeze dried food works really well)
- Water bottle
- Personal Toiletries
- Personal medication
- small towel
- insect repellant
- sunglasses/prescription eyewear
- Notebook/Journal/Reading material
- Headlamp w batteries
- snacks/individual nutrition requirements
- bug jacket/hat
** Weather on the ocean can be variable so be prepared for all conditions.