Price: $825+ gst
Date: June 9-11th, 2023
Guide: Tina Currie
Level: Introductory Touring & Overnight Skills. You must have flatwater paddling experience and have taken a technical skill course like our Intro to Stoke.
Meeting Time: TBA
- Paddle Canada Basic or Advanced flatwater skills certification, Intro to Stoke OR equivalent experience.
- Capable of paddling a loaded touring board over three full days
- 2 nights and 3 days of multi-day sup touring
- Paddle Canada Touring Instructor & Guide
- Sea2Sky Marine Trail Map
- Paddle Canada Touring 1 Certification
What’s Not Included
- Touring Board, paddles and safety equipment rentals available – $200 for the course.
- All Overnight Equipment
- Transportation to Squamish.
Read about our cancellation policy here. Space is limited in training courses and your spot is not guaranteed until we have received full payment.
An Introductory Overnight Sup Touring Experience on Howe Sound.
If you have ever wanted to pack up your touring board and head out on an overnight adventure but you were not sure where to start or wanted to gain more experience, then our three day two night trip on Howe Sound is a great introductory touring experience for you. This training course will deliver the knowledge, safety, and technical skills required for overnight touring on your standup paddleboard. Our guides will focus on topics that will include decision making, navigation, packing your touring board, weather and efficient travel. This course also includes two nights of camping on the spectacular and dramatic Sea2Sky Marine Trail. You will also be responsible for packing and cooking your own food and will be under the guidance, support, and coaching of the trip leaders.
The Howe Sound Fiord/Atlkitsem is a newly formed UNESCO Biosphere reserve and located on the traditional territories of the Squamish Nation and the Coast Salish. This experience will give you the chance understand how unique and special this coastal fiord marine ecosystem is while building the skills and experience for ocean touring. We look forward to leading you on this fun, overnight sup camping trip.
- Inflatable or Hard Touring Board appropriate for ocean touring.
- PFD (jacket style, no waist belts)
- Coil Leash
- 2 20-30L drybags for tent and sleeping kit, clothing, kitchen gear
- 10 L dry bag for day gear and extra’s
- 10-15 Litre dry bag or cooler bag for food.
Clothing & Extras
- booties/ sandals/water shoes
- Upper and lower body clothing system. A good system for cooler weather paddling is the Vaikobi V Cold Flex Pant and V Cold L/S.
- Board shorts
- immersion gear depending on experience
- extra clothing in case of swim
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Mid Layer fleece or Puffy Jacket
- water bottle
- thermos (for tea, coffee or hot water)
- headlamp with extra batteries
- 1-2 person tent
- Compressible sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad or Thermarest
- Small packable pillow
- Small camping stove/Jetboil/MSR Whisper Lite.
- Cooking pot
- knife, fork, spoon
- small thermos for tea if you need
What to Wear & How to Pack Videos