Dates: Salish Sea SUP Intro will begin at the start of April, 2023
Price: $150 + gst
Location: Comox/Royston, Vancouver Island
Time: 2 hrs (weather and water condition dependent)
- All paddling and safety gear. (you are welcome to bring your own)
- Paddle Canada Basic Skills Certification
- 2 hour sup skills, knowledge & safety lesson.
- Certified Paddle Canada SUP Instructor.
What to Bring
- Water with Carabiner clip/snacks
- Small dry bag to carry extra clothing and safety gear
- Neoprene Booties
- Depending on time of year, light wetsuit/wetsuit top, Vaikobi Clothing System (see video below) or active layering system.
- phone/camera in waterproof bag
- Mid Layer/Shell Jacket
- Sunglasses with attachments
- Towel and change of clothes to leave in car for after or to put in dry bag. Any questions? Please contact us!
Read about our cancellation policy here. Please email us email@example.com if you need to cancel at any time. Space is limited in training courses and your spot is not guaranteed until we have received full payment.
Our Industry Leading Introduction to Standup Paddling on Vancouver Island
The goal of our Salish Sea SUP Intro lesson is to introduce you to the sport of standup paddleboarding in a coastal environment. Whether you have some experience already or are brand new to stand up paddling, your lesson will focus on three areas of competence;
- ocean paddling safety awareness
- technical SUP paddling skills, and
- the knowledge base necessary to start exploring your coastline with confidence.
Led by certified Paddle Canada instructors this 2 hour introduction is perfect for those who have never paddled before. Those who already have some paddling experience will benefit by expanding their knowledge and improving their skill set while building experience and comfort paddling in the coastal environment. The Salish SEA SUP Intro is mandatory for those who wish to join our Salish SEA Explorer Tours in the Comox area.
Start the exploration of your coastline with experience and confidence! Our blend of safety, skills, and knowledge delivered by some of the most experienced instructors and guides in the industry will be one of the best investments you can make in the foundation of your paddling journey.