PC Course Number: TBA
Price: $499 + gst
Paddle Canada River 2 Instructor Trainer: TBA
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must hold Paddle Canada membership
- Paddle Canada River 2 skills certification or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP Instructor certification
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR
- Swift water Rescue training highly recommended
- 2 days of Instruction and evaluation from Paddle Canada River 2 SUP Instructor Trainer
- 1:4 Instructor Trainer to Student ratio giving the best in small group, personalized instruction and feedback.
- Paddle Canada River 1 Instructor Certification for successful candidate
A Course for Those Who Want to Share the River Stoke
The River 1 SUP Instructor is a critical prerequisite to the River 2 Instructor. Many people want to jump right into River 2 because they paddle at that level but it is very important to get experience teaching and managing a group in relatively controlled conditions before you commit to taking students into more difficult situations with potentially serious consequences. With the River 1 Instructor and experience teaching and guiding at that level then the next step is the River 2 Instructor. Take River 1 – get some experience teaching and guiding at that level – then move on to River 2.
If you have completed the Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater Instructor program, have river sup skills training with strong river experience and a passion for teaching then this course is for you!
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN BOARD AND PADDLING GEAR, AND ALL PERSONAL GEAR AND CLOTHING FOR THE COURSE:
- Inflatable river paddle board appropriate for teaching
- Quick release leash
- Safety/River Rescue PFD TYPE III or V or Jacket PFD with rescue belt and whistle
- Wetsuit/Drysuit Immersion Gear
- Secure protective footwear such as water shoes, paddle shoes, neoprene paddle/surf booties.
- First Aid Kit
- Waterproof drybag
- Write in the Rain Journal/Pen
Note: Candidates also need to bring gear that you would carry as an instructor for a paddling session that takes you more than a few minutes away from your vehicles or other assistance. This should include as a minimum group first aid, emergency kit, repair kit, means of communication and waterproof storage.
PC Course Number
How to Register
- Find your course ID above.
- Sign up for the course. This needs to be done before the course start date. You can go to www.paddlecanada.com and click on ‘Join Today’ at the bottom and follow prompts OR
- If you are an existing Paddle Canada member then use your existing Paddle Canada account. Under ‘My Memberships’ go to Instructor Candidate and follow prompts.
If you have an questions feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org