Dates & Times: TBA
Theory & Meeting Location: TBA.
- At least 18 years of age
- Current Paddle Canada Membership
- Paddle Canada Touring 2 skills certification, or equivalent skills and knowledge
- Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP Instructor certification
- Paddle Canada Touring 1 SUP Instructor certification
- Current certification in standard first aid and CPR (14-16hrs)
- Experience beyond that of the Touring 2 SUP Skills Course
- Recommended: Appropriate lifeguard and surf rescue training.
- Class Ratio: 1 instructor trainer: 6 candidates (minimum of three registered candidates)
- 3 nights and 3 days of Paddle Canada Touring 2 Instructor Training
- Paddle Canada Touring 2 Instructor Manual
- Transportation to and from course location.
- Boards, safety, paddling and camping equipment.
- Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer membership or upgrade fee.
Send an e transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can book through the website.
Touring Certification for Day Tours and Multi Day Trips
The Paddle Canada Touring 2 Instructor course is for flatwater instructors who have a goal of leading others on day and multi day trips in more dynamic coastal paddling environment. This course focuses on group management, coastal navigation, technical skills, weather forecasting, safety and rescue and building a strong guiding and instructional skill set while building confidence and competency on Class 2-3 waters.
- Inflatable or Hard Touring Board appropriate for touring instruction
- PFD with rescue belt
- Throw Bag
- Tow Line
- Overnight and Day Dry Bags
- First Aid Kit
- Immersion Gear (Drysuit or wetsuit)
- All camping equipment and clothing for two nights sup camping and three full days of paddling.
Instructor Touring Package Rental – $120 includes touring board, paddle, leash.
Touring 2 Instructor Course Number: 70594
How to Register
- Find your course ID above.
- Sign up for the course. This needs to be done before the course start date. You can go to www.paddlecanada.com and click on ‘Join Today’ at the bottom and follow prompts OR
- If you are an existing Paddle Canada member then use your existing Paddle Canada account. Under ‘My Memberships’ go to Instructor Candidate and follow prompts. If you have already paid your instructor fees for the year then it should be a $10 upgrade fee.
If you have any questions feel free to send an email to email@example.com