Dates: 8:30 am June 19 – 5:00pm June 21st, 2018
Location: Squamish, B.C.
Theory Location: Unit #100, The Galleries, 41105 Tantalus Road.
- At least 18 years of age
- Current Paddle Canada Membership
- Paddle Canada Touring 2 skills certification, or equivalent skills and knowledge
- Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP Instructor certification
- Current certification in standard first aid and CPR (14-16hrs)
- Experience beyond that of the Touring 2 SUP Skills Course
- Recommended: Appropriate lifeguard and surf rescue training.
- Class Ratio: 1 instructor trainer: 6 candidates (minimum of three registered candidates)
- 3 days of Paddle Canada Touring 1 Instructor Training
- Paddle Canada Touring 1 Instructor Manual
- Transportation to Squamish
- Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer membership or upgrade fee.
We prefer e transfer to email@example.com or you can pay through the website here.
Touring Certification for Day Tours and Multi Day Trips
The Paddle Canada Touring 1 Instructor course is for flatwater instructors who have a goal of leading others on day and multi day trips in more dynamic coastal paddling environment. This course focuses on group management, coastal navigation, technical skills, weather forecasting, safety and rescue and building a strong guiding and instructional skill set while building confidence and competency on Class 2 waters. The 3 day program takes place in Squamish, B.C. and on the challenging, beautiful waters of Howe Sound.
- Inflatable or Hard Touring Board appropriate for touring instruction
- Throw Bag
- Tow Line
- 20-25L dry bag for day trips
Clothing & Extras
- booties/ sandals/water shoes
- Upper and lower body clothing system. I personally wear Vaikobi V Cold Storm Pant and V Cold L/S Base. in the winter and shoulder seasons on the coast and Vaikobi Performance line in the summer. Norm Hann Expedition retails Vaikobi so let us know if you need any of this product.
- Board shorts
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Mid Layer fleece or Puffy Jacket
- Wetsuit or Drysuit for rescues and immersion training.
- water bottle
- thermos (for tea, coffee or hot water)
- camera, batteries
- headlamp with extra batteries
Contact Us if you have any other questions about gear and equipment.
Squamish, B.C – 65053
How to Register
- Find your course ID above.
- Sign up for the course. This needs to be done before the course start date. You can go to www.paddlecanada.com and click on ‘Join Today’ at the bottom and follow prompts OR
- If you are an existing Paddle Canada member then use your existing Paddle Canada account. Under ‘My Memberships’ go to Instructor Candidate and follow prompts. If you have already paid your instructor fees for the year then it should be a $10 upgrade fee.
If you have an questions feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org