Time: 2 hours
Price: $130 + gst
Location: Porteau Cove
Dates: See booking Schedule
What to Bring
- Down winding board or touring style board with nose rocker
- PFD – jacket or waist belt
- Immersion gear (e.g., wetsuit, farmer john, 2 mm top, pant, Vaikobi)
- Hydration Pack with snacks.
Sunova Surfboards Downwind Board Rental – $40
Riding Bumps on Howe Sound
The Miner’s Run Downwind Clinics are an opportunity for you to build your passion for down winding and catching bumps here on Howe Sound. Our run from Porteau Cove to Britannia Beach (once a former mine site) is a perfect playground for those new to downwinding who already have a solid flatwater skill set and want to build confidence and success catching the wind and waves. This clinic is also designed as a great training run for those with a more advanced down winding skill set who would like a coached training session and an opportunity to understand the conditions here on Howe Sound. The Miner’s Run takes you along the stunning coastline between Porteau Cove and past Furry Creek before wrapping up the paddle at Britannia Beach.
Our Downwind Clinic focuses on
- Ocean Safety & Awareness
- Down winding specific sup equipment
- Understanding wind and water conditions
- Forward stroke efficiency for down winding
- Stances for wave catching and stability
- Downwind efficiency
See our booking schedule for regularly posted clinics. This clinic is also based on wind and weather conditions.