Price: $150 + gst
Location: Squamish, British Columbia
Time: 2 hrs (weather and water condition dependent)
Paddle Canada Instructors: Tina Currie
- All paddling and safety gear. (you are welcome to bring your own)
- 2 hour sup skills, knowledge & safety lesson.
- Certified Paddle Canada SUP Instructor & Guide
What to Bring
- Water with Carabiner clip/snacks
- Small dry bag to carry extra clothing and safety gear
- Neoprene Booties (depending on time of year)
- Depending on time of year, light wetsuit/wetsuit top, Vaikobi Clothing System (see video below) or active layering system.
- phone/camera in waterproof bag
- Mid Layer/Shell Jacket
- Sunglasses with attachments
- Towel and change of clothes to leave in car for after or to put in dry bag. Any questions? Please contact us!
Read about our cancellation policy here. Please email us email@example.com if you need to cancel at any time. Space is limited in training courses and your spot is not guaranteed until we have received full payment.
Foundational sup safety and skills course for every paddler.
This course is our industry leading introduction to coastal paddling. The goal of our Intro to Stoke lesson is to introduce you to the sport of standup paddleboarding in a coastal environment. We focus on three things during your course: ocean safety and awareness, key flatwater paddling skills, and the core knowledge that you need to start exploring your coastline with skill and confidence. Led by certified Paddle Canada instructors, who also happen to be some of the most experienced SUP coaches in the business, this course is an essential investment in the foundation of your paddling journey.
Who is this course for?
Our two-hour Intro to Stoke session is ideal for those who have never paddled before and are new to the sport. But this course is also for the many of us who have done some stand up paddling on our own but have not had any formal safety or technical skills training.
Whether you want to establish a strong foundation for more serious SUP adventures or simply feel more comfortable and confident on the water, Intro to Stoke is where to start.