Date: May 8 -10th, 2020
Price: $450+ gst
Location: Squamish, B.C
Paddle Canada Touring 1 Instructors: Tina Currie
- Paddle Canada Basic or Advanced skills certification OR equivalent experience.
- Capable of paddling a loaded touring board over two full days
- A good attitude and a contributing team member.
- Paddle Canada Touring 1 Skills Certification
- 1 evening and 2 full days of touring instruction
- Shuttle transportation back to Squamish at the end of course.
What’s Not Included
- Equipment as per “What to Bring” list.
- Touring Board rentals available – $100 for the course.
An Overnight Touring Adventure on the Howe Sound Fiord
If you have ever wanted to pack up your touring board and head out on an overnight adventure but you were not sure where to start or wanted to gain more experience, then our two day one night Paddle Canada Touring 1 Course Skills course is for you. Or maybe you have the experience but just want to join us for this guided learning experience on Howe Sound. Our course will deliver the knowledge, safety, and technical skills for touring on your standup paddleboard. Our instructors will focus on topics that will include decision making, navigation, packing your touring board, weather and efficient travel. This course also includes one night of camping where you will be responsible for your tent and sleeping gear. You will also be responsible for packing and cooking your own food. All of this will be under the guidance, support, and instruction of the trip leaders.
This adventure takes place on the incredible Howe Sound Fiord, a stunning environment where you will have the chance to disconnect and reconnect on the ancient lands of the Squamish First Nations and in the presence of a rebounding marine environment. We look forward to leading you on this fun, overnight sup touring adventure and Paddle Canada Touring 1 Skills Course.
- Inflatable or Hard Touring Board appropriate for ocean touring.
- PFD (jacket style, no waist belts)
- Coil Leash
- 50-75 L drybag for sleeping, clothing gear
- 10 L dry bag for day gear and extra’s
- 10-15 Litre dry bag or cooler bag for food.
Clothing & Extras
- booties/ sandals/water shoes
- Upper and lower body clothing system. I personally wear Vaikobi V Cold Storm Pant and V Cold L/S Base. in the winter and shoulder seasons on the coast and Vaikobi Performance line in the summer.
- Board shorts
- immersion gear depending on experience
- extra clothing in case of swim
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Mid Layer fleece or Puffy Jacket
- water bottle
- thermos (for tea, coffee or hot water)
- headlamp with extra batteries
- 2-3 person tent
- Compressible sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad or Thermarest
- Small packable pillow
- Small camping stove/Jetboil/MSR Whisper Lite.
- Cooking pot
- knife, fork, spoon
- small thermos for tea if you need