Dates: June 26-28th, 2020
Price: $1099 + gst
Group Size: 8
Adventure Guides: Norm Hann & Tina Currie
What’s Included in our 2 night 3 day package
- Guided standup paddleboard instruction and interpretation
- All standup paddleboard equipment
- 2 Nights wilderness tent and yurt accommodation
- Delicious and nutritious meals from lunch on Day 1 to lunch on day 3
- Access to lodge facilities including wood burning hot tub, outdoor shower, hiking trails.
- Beer and wine with dinner.
What’s not included:
- Travel to and from Gambier Island
- Speciality drinks by master mixologist Eric Berger
A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your place on the trip with the balance to be paid 45 days prior to trip departure. Full payments can be made via email transfer to email@example.com or by credit card.
Cancellation 45 days prior to trip start date will result in a refund of deposit less 15%. Cancellation within 45-30 days prior to trip start date will result in a refund of 50% of the total cost of the trip. There is no refund for trips cancelled within 30 days of trip departure.
Getting to Gambier Island
Our boats will meet you at 10:00am at Horseshoe Bay, BC for a 20 min boat ride to Gambier Island. If your coming from the Sunshine Coast we can meet you at the Landale Ferry Terminal.
A Coastal Paddling Experience at Whispering Creek Retreat.
Norm Hann Expeditions is excited to partner with Eric Berger and Keeley Higgins at their Whispering Creek Retreat on Gambier Island in Howe Sound for our 2 night 3 day coastal experience. Their retreat offers clients a unique and relaxing adventure and destination in the heart of Howe Sound with Norm Hann Expeditions providing the paddleboarding and coastal ecology interpretive experience.
The retreats serene location allows guests to naturally recharge themselves, breathe deeply, and rediscover their connection to our coastline. Located on Gambier Island, with its warmer waters, calm conditions and abundant marine life, the area provides a beautiful location for our stand up paddleboarding program, accommodating all levels of paddlers while providing the opportunity to connect with nature.
Accommodations for the Whispering Creek Retreat are in the comfortable and well appointed wilderness tents and yurts. These accommodations sit within coastal temperate rain forest and at the edge of Whispering Creek. They provide a comfortable and therapeutic way to experience the relaxing property on Gambier Island.The lodge is located a short walk away from the oceans edge.
Delicious and healthy meals and picnic lunches are created by Keeley Higgins while master mixologist Eric Berger creates unique post paddle cocktails and provides local knowledge and trip support.
Our paddling takes advantage of the beautiful and warm waters surrounding Gambier Island. A day trip with picnic lunch and boat support to the Paisley Island group provides an outstanding paddling experience with opportunities to explore islands and bays and to search for the local marine life at the edge of the Salish Sea. Our experience is built for all levels of paddlers. The goal is a fun and relaxing opportunity to connect to the waters of Howe Sound.
Join our Gambier Getaway to paddle and camp in a wilderness setting that will leave all stresses behind and allow that deeper connection to our coast.
What to Bring
** We will be staying at the Whispering Creek Retreat with all the amenities and this gear list is for paddling. Bring what you want to hang out around the lodge or for after paddling. Bring a bathing suit….or not…for the natural wood fire hot tub.
Provided by Norm Hann Expeditions
- Red Inflatable Touring Boards, Paddle, PFD and Leash
- 15-20 L dry bag for day trips
What you Need to Bring
Clothing & Extras
- booties/sandals or water shoes (hopefully barefeet)
- board shorts
- short sleeve poly pro paddling shirt
- long sleeve poly pro shirt
- tights/paddling pants
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Mid Layer fleece or Puffy Jacket
- Sun Hat, toque
- water bottle
- thermos (for tea, coffee or hot water)
- notebook/journal/reading material
- camera, batteries
- headlamp with extra batteries
Contact Us if you have any other questions about gear and equipment.
This itinerary may change due to weather conditions and group goals.
- 10:00am Pick up at Horseshoe Bay for twenty minute boat shuttle to Whispering Creek Retreat on Gambier Island.
- Whispering Creek Retreat property tour.
- Afternoon paddle and skills clinic in West Bay.
- Stories by the camp fire.
- Morning movement
- Boat supported day paddling trip to the Paisley Group which includes a picnic lunch
- Dinner at Whispering Creek Retreat.
- Hot tub, Campfire and Sunset
- Sunrise Morning Paddle
- Wrap Up
- 1:00 pm Departure from Whispering Creek Retreat.
- 1:30 pm arrival in Horseshoe Bay