COURSE #: 60434
April 1-2nd, 2017
April 26-27, 2017
April 29-30, 2017
Price: $400 + gst
Location: Squamish, B.C.
Instructors: Norm Hann
• Minimum of PC Advanced Flat-water sup skills is required or equivalent experience.
• Basic First Aid and CPR. (you can get this certification after the course)
• 16 years of age.
• Paddle Canada Instructor Candidate membership.
A minimum of PC Advanced Flat-water SUP skills course is required. Sign up for one of our PC Advanced Skills Course to confidently meet the requirements. Candidates are assumed to have a good grasp of these skills such that they could present them confidently. There will be opportunities to hone skills but this is not the venue to be learning the skills for the first time. The final assessment will consist of both land and water based activities plus a written test. Successful candidates will receive a Paddle Canada Intro to Flat-water SUP or Advanced Flat-water SUP Instructor Certification.
• Learn how to instruct effectively through planning and use of teaching models.
• Learn to clearly and confidently instruct groups in an outdoor environment.
• Develop your leadership skills and manage groups safely on the water.
Costs Include the Following
- 2 days of Paddle Canada Instruction
- 1:6 Instructor to client ratio
- Instructor Resource Manual
- Paddle Canada Certification: If successful, participants can achieve their Basic Flatwater Instructor or their Advanced Flatwater Instructor certification with Paddle Canada. To receive this certification, the candidate will be required to be an existing member of Paddle Canada.
Price Does not Include the Following
- SUP and Instructor Equipment as per Equipment list
- Accommodations and Travel
- Paddle Canada Instructor Candidate membership