Price: $485 + gst
Dates and Location: May 11-12, 2024, Squamish, B.C.
Level: Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater Skills Course
Paddle Canada Instructor:
- Basic Flatwater SUP Skills OR equivalent experience. This is not an introductory course and does require that you have some flatwater or touring experience.
What to Know:
- The course content is equivalent to the Paddle Canada Advanced Skills Certification course and can be considered a prerequisite for those who are interested in becoming certified Paddle Canada Stand Up Paddle Basic or Advanced instructors.
- Paddle Canada Advanced Skills Certification upon successful completion
- Paddle Canada Touring Instructor and Expedition Guide
- 2 days of skills and guided tour instruction
What’s Not Included:
- Paddling and safety gear. Rentals available for $100
Space is limited in training courses and your spot is not guaranteed until we have received full payment. Your course fees are fully refundable if you cancel a month prior to the start of the course. Cancellation less than a month prior to the course start date will result in the loss of the full course fee. Registrations may be transferred to another person for the same course. Norm Hann Expeditions reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient registrations or unsafe conditions. If Norm Hann Expeditions cancels a course, you will receive a full refund or may choose to transfer your payment to a future course. Please email email@example.com if you need to cancel at any time.
Two Day Technical Skills Training Including a Ocean Tour Challenge on Howe Sound
Our Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater Tour Course is an opportunity to take your paddling to the next level. Our session on Day one will use used to sharpen up your entire suite of technical paddling skills including a more efficient forward stroke, technical turns, the use of various foot stances, pivoting, and bracing. These advanced flatwater skills will serve as your foundation for other paddling goals you may have like open water touring, downwinding, surfing, or running rivers, and are essential for aspiring SUP instructors.
We will also use these skills on day two of the course when your guide, based on weather and winds will lead a longer flatwater challenge on Howe Sound. Day twos focus will be on decision making, efficient use of terrain, and using your advanced flatwater skills to paddle your touring board efficiently in more challenging ocean conditions. You will leave the course as a more competent and confident paddler ready to take on whatever new challenges or adventures await you.