Price: $250 + gst
Dates and Location: Comox April 9th / Squamish April 16th, 2023
Level: Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater Skills Course
Time: 9:00 – 4:00pm
Paddle Canada Instructor: Comox: Neil Gilson / Squamish: Tina Currie
- Basic Flatwater SUP Skills OR equivalent experience. This is not an introductory course and does require that you have some flatwater or touring experience.
What to Know:
- The course content is equivalent to the Paddle Canada Advanced Skills Certification course and can be considered a prerequisite for those who are interested in becoming certified Paddle Canada Stand Up Paddle Basic or Advanced instructors.
- Paddle Canada Flatwater Instructor
- Paddle Canada Advanced Skills Certification upon successful completion
- Forward stroke video analysis
- Board Rental Package Available for $75
What to Bring
- PFD with whistle
- Wetsuit/Drysuit for immersion and rescues
- Neoprene Booties
- Neoprene Gloves
- Bring a change of warm clothes including a waterproof shell and mid layer.
Space is limited in training courses and your spot is not guaranteed until we have received full payment. Your course fees are fully refundable if you cancel a month prior to the start of the course. Cancellation less than a month prior to the course start date will result in the loss of the full course fee. Registrations may be transferred to another person for the same course. Norm Hann Expeditions reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient registrations or unsafe conditions. If Norm Hann Expeditions cancels a course, you will receive a full refund or may choose to transfer your payment to a future course. Please email email@example.com if you need to cancel at any time.
Improve your technical flatwater paddling skills with training, feedback and practice for solo paddlers and aspiring instructors.
Expand your SUP horizons, become fluid with your paddle and one with your board! Our Paddle Canada Advanced Skills Course is where you can take your paddling to the next level. Use this full day session to sharpen up your entire suite of technical paddling skills including a powerful and efficient forward stroke, stroke combinations, the use of various foot stances, pivot turns, and bracing. These advanced flatwater skills serve as your foundation for open water touring, downwinding, surfing, or running rivers and tidal rapids, and are essential for aspiring SUP instructors.
Get on board now for this fun, full day of training that includes dryland and on-water instruction, forward stroke video analysis, and plenty of personal feedback and paddling practice built around our strong foundation of water safety, group management and etiquette. You will leave the course as a more competent and confident paddler ready to take on whatever new challenges or adventures await you, with more success and satisfaction.